.

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Visalia Stake Women's Conference

 October 22, 2022

We had a wonderful Women's Conference this year!

The focus of the whole conference was "Just Serve".

We had five different charity organizations set up booths to share with the sisters' opportunities to be more involved in our community!

We started our conference with a devotional in the chapel, followed by some delicious breakfast.

We had oatmeal, yogurt parfaits, fruit, muffins and Orange Juice!

It was so good!


In addition to the charitable organizations, we also completed five different service projects.
The first project we completed was sorting 15,000 safety pins in groups of four that benefit the Visalia Emergency Aid Turkey Trot Run.


Another project was making "homeless" kits.
The sisters had the opportunity to assemble kits that included, socks, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner, granola bars, water and comb.
Then they could take them and keep them in their car to give out when they saw an individual that was experiencing homelessness.

We also got "Just Serve" t-shirts to give out to all those who came to our conference!
I had the cutest girls handing out the shirts!

I love them!
and....I LOVE THESE SISTERS!
This is our group shot!

Rosie and I!









Our third project was a book drive for the "Read for Life" charity.
We had an entire table full of books to donate!  Our 4th project was a food drive! 

Our final project was tying blankets for cancer patients!
We ended up tying over 75 blankets for donations!











It really was such a wonderful day of service!
I left feeling so grateful for the sisterhood we share and the experiences that draw us together!
I love serving these women!


No comments:

Post a Comment