.

Monday, January 30, 2023

Our girl is off...

 On October 30, 2022, our sweet Allie girl was set a part as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

It was a great day, full of a variety of emotions.  

President Mark Smith (our Stake President) came over in the evening to set her apart.

He shared some wonderful thoughts with her:

- Missionaries have exceptional protection from the Lord.

- The Endowment is important and there is a specific reason why you are Endowed before you leave.

- Learn a lot about yourself.

- Discover challenges and weaknesses in yourself.

- Learn to love and serve your companions.

- Seeing the value in your companions.

- Try to find the best in your companions.

- Don't be petty.

He then asked us to share our advice or some thoughts with her:

Scott/Dad said, "You will meet all kind of people who are different than you but you will be blessed with the ability to love them, and to really learn charity."

CJ - "I love you and will miss you."

Crew - He made some dinosaur noises :)

Grace - "I'm excited for you to meet new people and bless their lives."

Sabrina - "I hope you help others come unto Christ and to know HIM, to provide the spirit you have to serve others."

Brad - "You are Endowed with Power from GOD."

Grandpa - "Extend yourself with love and love can override all issues that might come up.  Look at people with Heavenly Fathers Eyes - Celestial Eyes."

Grandma - "Heavenly Father loves you and will give you the good health you need to complete your mission."

Mom - "I hope and pray that you develop you recognize and develop your spiritual gifts."

She completed 2 weeks of home MTC which was wonderful and exhausting for her.  

On November 14, 2022, we had our "last meal" together at In-N-Out Burger.

Sabrina, Brad and Crew joined us, and it was great!






November 15, 2022
Bright and early we awoke, loaded up suitcases and were off to Fresno Airport.


Had some laughs with this girl while checking in her suitcases.  I could tell she was nervous, but always sweet and in good spirits.




Then the goodbyes...this part was hard - I was doing my very best to not start crying because I knew it would make her cry.
I held it together until we got to the car, then I just saw quietly in the front seat and had a little cry.  I am going to miss her so much, she is so much fun, a peacemaker and also makes us laugh, however, I am so excited for her to have this experience!










It's been a while since I have experiences two different extreme emotions; one of pure sadness of missing her and also pure joy at the experience she is going to have.
Goodbye dear girl...see you in 18 months!


No comments:

Post a Comment