.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A final farewall for Grandpa Lops

This was a tough day!
It was a final farewell to Scott's Dad - Richard Peter Lops.
He passed away 3 1/2 years ago, but his ashes remained with Sue in their home.
They were a source of comfort to her...and to all of us actually.
I love this man!
 And I love that he was a great father to Scott!
And a great Grandfather to all these kids.
Well the time had come and she was ready to spread theme at sea, as Richard would have loved.
It was Sunday, July 31, 2016
We met down at the Southwestern Yacht Club, where Uncle Joe Lops keeps his boat.
We boarded his boat, "The Jigger Joe" and headed out.
It was a beautiful day in San Diego.
Richard would have loved it!
 Everyone enjoyed being together.

 Cousin Annie (Lops) Wiese was able to be with us from Colorado.


Lots of hugs for Grandma on this day.
Emma and Grace
Aunt Pam, CJ and Vinny
After we were out to sea, the kids each took some flowers to scatter in the ocean around his ashes.
Scott, spreading the ashes.


The kids also took the time to blow some bubbles.


Uncle Joe and CJ

Cousin Roseanne (Lops) Crete, Sue, Annie, Scott, Vinny, Adam and Pam
Adam, CJ and Vinny
Anna and Grace
Scott and I
I love this picture!
Scott, CJ and Uncle Joe
Grandma and Doreen
Afterward, the whole family gathered at the Yacht Club for lunch.
Here's Alex, CJ and Richie
Even though, it was a hard day.
It was a nice day.  We were together as a family.
I am so thankful to be married into this beautiful, loving family.
I am thankful for their expressions of love every time we see them.
I will always be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment