.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Gracie Girl!

Dear Gracie -

I can't believe it's been 3 years since you came into our lives!

At 3, you are the life of the party, you love to dance, you love the movies Free Willy and Percy Jackson, you LOVE candy, especially chocolate - you ask for it for breakfast every morning and you love your sisters and brother. 

This morning I heard you in CJ's room after he woke up crying saying, "It's ok Dee Day (CJ) I here now", then I hear the music turned on.  A bit later I go in to get him and you are in his crib with him.  As a toddler you were wild, you climbed on everything and ran away from me in the store. 

When I brought CJ home from the hospital you wouldn't even look at me for about 20 minutes, it was like I had betrayed you, I was so sad...

We went to the doctor today for your 3 year check up and you only weigh 25 pounds...you're a peanut - which doesn't make much sense, since you eat all day long,  You want hot dogs & eggs or pancakes for breakfast every morning after you ask for chocolate.  You love to play Super Mario Brothers on the Wii.

You are such a true joy...our home would be soooooo boring without you in it and we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you more than words can say.
A quick look back on your life so far...the day you were born - you came into the world fast...I went to a doctor appointment not sure that I was in labor and was immediately sent across the street to the hospital - you were born 3 hours later.  You decided early on to do things on your terms :)
You were born at 6:26 pm, you weighed 6 lbs 12 oz and was 20" long
You were the cutest little baby... 


Those chubby checks were too much to resist...
You were independent from the get go...you decided to quit nursing at 10 1/2 months...you just didn't have time for it and you walked a week later.
We celebrated your first birthday at our home in Visalia...
Your sisters adore you 


Your 2nd birthday was celebrated in San Diego - with lots of family around
Your facial expressions are the best! 


And now on to your 3rd birthday party...
Grandma and Grandpa Lops, Doreen, Adam, Anna and Vinny came up to celebrate with us.  It was the most amazing weather for February - 70 degrees and beautiful...daddy barbequed.
And you received lots and lots of presents

Every girl needs a gold pair of shoes and you have always loved your shoes...whenever we go a store I cannot go near the shoe aisle because I will end up buying you whatever pair your want 
You are really into My Little Pony right now and received a few this birthday 
Grandma Olson made you this darling lady bug apron 

 And you love clothes, you change them about 4 times a day which makes for some amazing outfits
You love ice cream...so no cake this year
CJ loves it too!

You are a true bright light in our day...here's to an eternity together. 
Happy birthday our girl!



6 comments:

  1. That was the sweetest post ever. So fun to read about your Gracie and get a glimpse into your family life. I even have a tear in my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Gracie Girl! Do you think Grandma Olson will make me one of those lady bug aprons? I LOVE it!!!! (Oh and anytime you wanna go shoe shopping girl, just give me a call)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracie, can I please borrow your gold shoes? I could really perfect my dance moves in those babys! BTW-you really were a gorgeous little baby & are an adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Gracie!! Sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate with you but it looked like a lot of fun! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is so cute, love the apron, loved seeing the headbands again that we made together, i want to use mine again, i need a girl next. i bet her and eden would get along great eden changes a lot during the day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are just way too cute! Love them!

    ReplyDelete