This year the Husky Open House and Spring Musical fell on my birthday, May 26th.
Some people might be disappointed by this fact of life, but I was excited to celebrate with my kids at their school. The only bummer was that Scott was headed to San Diego to fish with Uncle Joe. He was able to get home early and take me to lunch which was nice...
Also, Allie had a choir performance on this same night which made it hard for me to be in two places at once. Needless to say, I am thankful for her friend Hannah whose aunt picked Allie up and brought her back home!
The kids with their Principal, Mrs. Cheri LaVerne
Gracie in her classroom, next to her timeline...
and her writing on plant life.
CJ in his classroom with all this work from kindergarten.
I have to say, that as excited as I am about summer coming...I am going to be so sad that he is moving on from kindergarten. He has been by my side for the last 6 1/2 years and it is going to be a little weird to be solo now...
I love his cute Statue of Liberty painting...
CJ with some of his classmates
Christopher, Daniel, Jacqueline and Raymond
After we toured the classrooms, it was time for the spring musical.
This is one of my favorite events, all the kids in the school get together and sing.
This year the theme was Disney!
Gracie's group same, the bear necessities and It's a small World.
CJ's class same "Mickey Mouse"
Afterward our sweet friends the McElmoyl's had us over for homemade ice cream to celebrate my birthday. It was so fun!
Gracie with some of her great friends, Peytan, Avery and Alyssa.
The next day, May 27th was the final husky assembly of the year!
Grace and her friend Avery were each awarded the Millionarie's Club T-Shirt, which means they read over 250,000 words during the school year! We were so proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment