.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

A Spiritual Weekend!

The weekend of March 4th and 5th will be one we never forget.
My parents came up bringing with them Sabrina who had been living with them and working in San Diego.
On Friday night, March 4th we were able to take Sabrina to the temple for her first time.  Originally she had wanted to go to the San Diego Temple but after much thought she decided the Fresno Temple was a better option as so many people could attend with her.
It was so special because of the spiritual nature but also because my parents could be there as well as  so many of our closest friends, who love her so much!
Here she is before we went in.
 These two ladies were instrumental in her developing into the loving young woman that she is.
Joelle Collinwood and Melanie Hill were her leaders in the young women organization.
Some others that were in the temple with us, were:  the Howards, Abbotts, Hauberts, Hawkes, Petersons, Burkes, Bartons, Browns, Elizabeth Minnick and Amber Cranton!

 We could not be more proud of Sabrina and her decision to serve a mission.  We know that the people of Orlando, Florida are going to love her!  
There was a moment in the temple were I said to myself, "I can't believe I'm old enough to be here with a daughter going through the temple!"
 A funny story I want to remember is that the asst. temple matron (whom I know...she is from Visalia) didn't realize she was my daughter.
 I know Sabrina is so thankful to Scott for everything he does for her.
When I think about her entire high school life, it was Scott that did most of the heavy lifting..
Coaching her, driving her to seminary everyday, driving her to mutual, and so many other things!
I know she wouldn't be who she is without him and so many others that have helped her along the way!
We love her!!
 Then on Saturday, March 5th...
Gracie was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!
Her friend Sam Reyes from our ward was also baptized that day.
 Scott baptized her..

 These are our FRIENDS who all showed up to support Grace in her decision to be baptized!
The Abbotts, Petersons, Hauberts, Browns, Hawkes, Reyes, Sherry Sizer, Behans.
We could not be more thankful for our amazing friends that we have here in Visalia.
We feel soooo blessed!
 The Priesthood Holders that confirmed her a member of the church.
Brett Abbott, Paul Behan, Chad Peterson, Ted Haubert, her Grandpa Tom Olson, Clint Brown, Mike Hawkes
 After her baptism, we went home and she opened a few special presents.
My parents gave her a beautiful bracelet!

 and we gave her, her first set of scriptures!
We love this girl!
We are proud of the young lady she is becoming.
She is kind, compassionate and caring about others.
She is fun, goofy and likes to make people laugh.
She loves her family and loves her Savior, Jesus Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment