.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Christmas Day

There has not been a Christmas that I haven't woken up in my parents house...and I hope there won't ever be.  Something about being there with my husband and kids makes me still feel like a kid again.  I love it...my kids love it and I think even Scott loves it :)  This year the kids were slightly disappointed that we would be the only ones.  Last year, there was 20+ of us together...this year, just my family and my parents.  It was still wonderful and we especially loved the 85 degree weather.
Sabrina, checking out her goods. 
Allie getting in her stocking 
This year, Gracie asked Santa for a penguin and he delivered :) 
CJ loved his gloves, even if they were slightly big 
Scott apparently thought I was Jewish and wrapped my presents in Hannukah paper...nice work love! 
Allie and Gracie helped Grandpa hand out the presents 
CJ enjoyed Allie's tetherball that Santa brought her
Sabrina, trying to be happy 
Gracie loved opening presents, she had a hard time waiting for her turn 
Love this face of CJ, it's his "fake" smile 
Our little lion...oooohhh he's so cute! 
Give this girl some clothes and she's in heaven 
Allie before... 
Allie after... 
Sabrina before...
Sabrina after...(btw, when you can get a 15 year old to really smile it is a Christmas MIRACLE) 
Grandma make this AMAZING fabric doll book (like paper dolls), she loves it and plays with it every sacrament meeting 
Another amazing Grandma creation.  When Allie was 7 she drew this picture of the vase and flowers and this year, my mom turned it into a fabric wall hanging.  Now Allie can treasure it forever. 
Another smile...we were hitting homeruns... 
Scott found me these COOL onion goggles...love them! 
And I in turn found him this Michigan football pillow pet 
CJ and his new flashlight 
My dad got my mom some thermals, slippers and PJ's 
And from us kids, we surprised her with this hutch from an antique store here in Visalia.
From us kids again, we gave my dad this GPS / Rangefinder.
You can tell by his face that he LOVED it. 
And since Christmas was on a Sunday, we attempted a family picture - it didn't turn out great - but I'll take it
All of us with our loot
So sad that Christmas is over...it goes so fast :(

2 comments:

  1. It is so good to see an update on your blog as well! I love all your Christmas pics. My favorite is you with your onion goggles. Those are great! I think I need to get Blaine a pair of those! It looks like you and your family had such a fun Christmas. Your kids have also grown so much. Such a cute family. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is classic! I'm with Gracie, I'm going to ask for a penguin next year-great idea! I love Sabrina's bike, it is definately retro!:)

    ReplyDelete