Apparently when living in the "central valley" the thing to do is to "go to the coast", well we have lived here for 3 1/2 years and have never "been to the coast". We get our beach time at home in San Diego. Anyway we decided to give it a try and go Avila Beach for Sabrina's 14th Birthday. It did not disappoint. We stayed at a place called the Lighthouse Suites. It was great, right across the street is the beach. We had a wonderful time.
Allie getting buried in the sand
Gracie decided to help
Gracie loved it
Eating dinner that night at the farmer's market
CJ even loved the beach!
Next morning, checking out the seals in the water
They're they are...
Happy Birthday Bree!
We left Avila and headed about 30 miles north to see Morro Rock...unfortunately, it was so foggy that I couldn't get an accurate picture but we did see these...
Sea Otters...I've lived in California almost my whole life and I'd never seen one in the wild before.
The kids loved them
They also loved this fat little squirrel
I love Avila Beach! Glad you were able to go and experience it too!
ReplyDelete